Dragonfly Visitor

August 4, 2008

I spent a most enjoyable day with Peter today in my yard, he lounging and watching the races, and I working on some new leaf pieces. I kept hearing something hit the screen house and every time I'd look up nothing would be there so I'd go back to work again. This went on for quite some time and finally I looked up to see a huge dragonfly buzzing around my screen house. I went out to investigate and the dragonfly began to do it's strange flight around me, diving and flitting about my head. This went on for almost an hour, I'd never seen behavior like this before and it really made me wonder why? When I went back inside the screen house, the dragonfly flew against the screen house a few more times before eventually giving up. I guess it realized I did not want to come out to play anymore.

I wonder if it will visit tomorrow?



This is a dragonfly pin I have for sale in my Etsy shop!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Lori said...

I am wearing my beautiful driad necklace today, and have received more compliments!!